Tuesday, 23 September 2008

Weekends out

We've learned that the trick to London city survival is doing your best to get out, out on the weekends. This month, we've had a couple weekends out. One weekend, we took a trip out to Hever castle, Anne Boleyn's childhood home (thx for the recommend Lindsay!). We stayed the night in the Henry the VIII pub just opposite. Euge asked how old it was - the woman who worked there wasn't sure if it was 15th or 16th century (!!). So 500-600 years old, give or take a hundred years. It was quite charming, but the beds were just as old as the building I think!
We took a country walk, picked blackberries and just enjoyed the grounds.


Pub Sign

Picking blackberries (or brambleberries)

Country walk
Moat around the castle
Castle with an actual drawbridge

The castle grounds were beautiful but it rained most of the time so not many photos.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful! I can't believe you are that far along. And the picture of you and the girls in the field is fantastic! What an experience. While (whilst?) some of the experiences are difficult at the time, the memories will be amazing.

Aina said...

You look so great! Tell the girls hello for us. What a fun adventure you are having, rain and all. :)

Nicole said...

I echo the previous comments! You look amazing! How fun to be able to take such great weekend trips.

Lisa R.D. said...

It looks like you are having so many fun adventures. You and your family look so happy together... I love your photos! I hope you are feeling good along with looking so good :).

Michelle Smiles said...

You look great and it sounds like fun to get to see so much of the area around London.