Well, as you can see (photo right) we have toothless little wonder in our midst. After almost a year of no wobbly (ie loose) teeth, Chloe managed to pull out her two front teeth within 24hrs of each other. One came out while we were waiting for our flight in Frankfurt and the other back in London. When she only had the one left (photo left), the spacing looked as if it was in the middle of her mouth. We don't have any Appalachian relations, but it looked as if she was straight from the hills.
Also, I rediscovered last night one of the greatest pleasures: Getting in bed early and reading a good book until I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore, turned off the light and then drifted beautifully to sleep. What a wonderfully cozy feeling. I've been falling asleep with the girls for months (or should I say years?) or have been up so late doing things that I just hit the bed without a good word read. Plus, it seems much of my life lately has been spent reading child-rearing related books. I've had the good fortune of reading two good books recently.
Currently, I'm reading "Eat, Pray, Love" (thank you Anna) and I have to admit that I'm thankful that I'm almost done with the "Eat" section. The author (true story about a mid 30s woman) is currently in Italy and the other night she described, over two pages, a mouth watering, life-rocking pizza she was eating. It sounded like heaven. My stomach rumbled so at 9:50pm I was back downstairs, foraging for something to be as half as satisfying (well, maybe more like a tenth as satisfying) as her pizza. What an unsatisfied craving that was.
Also, I rediscovered last night one of the greatest pleasures: Getting in bed early and reading a good book until I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore, turned off the light and then drifted beautifully to sleep. What a wonderfully cozy feeling. I've been falling asleep with the girls for months (or should I say years?) or have been up so late doing things that I just hit the bed without a good word read. Plus, it seems much of my life lately has been spent reading child-rearing related books. I've had the good fortune of reading two good books recently.
Currently, I'm reading "Eat, Pray, Love" (thank you Anna) and I have to admit that I'm thankful that I'm almost done with the "Eat" section. The author (true story about a mid 30s woman) is currently in Italy and the other night she described, over two pages, a mouth watering, life-rocking pizza she was eating. It sounded like heaven. My stomach rumbled so at 9:50pm I was back downstairs, foraging for something to be as half as satisfying (well, maybe more like a tenth as satisfying) as her pizza. What an unsatisfied craving that was.
The other book I just finished was "Petite Anglaise." It has not yet been released in the US (set to come out 17 June). This is another true story about a British woman in her 30s living in Paris. This book opened up my eyes to the hidden world of "blogging." This woman started a blog in 2004 and gained a huge "following." Her blog chronicles her life - splitting with the father of her child, a love affair with one of her commentors, her getting fired because of her blog and now continues today. Her blog is still http://www.petiteanglaise.com/. Reading the story was fascinating but also learning about blogs, blog "communities," blog etiquette -was super interesting. BTW, most of you readers (um, 99.9%) are LURKERS (ie you read my posts, but you don't post comments).
5 comments:
I've been excited to read "Eat, Pray, Love" but haven't gotten my hands on it yet....
The other book sounds great too. It's been interesting for me to see how "blogging communities" are formed and really how much influence one can have on a blog (not claiming any influence from mine, but I read some blogs by some real movers and shakers).
I always enjoy your posts and photos, even if I do "lurk" sometimes!
You're right, I'm a total lurker. And now that we're keeping a blog, one of the greatest thrills (well, okay, not entirely great thrill, but much fun) is reading comments from people. Otherwise it just seems like you're throwing out a 1-sided conversation. So I will try to comment more, though I do get great pleasure just reading what you're up to. I feel much more involved in your life even though you're so far away, now that you're blogging. Thanks for inspiring us to keep a blog too.
Congratulations Chloe!!! It's about time those teeth fell out!
....i'm a total lurker. It makes me so excited to read the comments you leave on my blog. I promise to be better!
The new pics are great!
I used to read her blog from time to time. I didn't realize she had written a book from it - that's awesome for her! Every blogger's dream. There is a woman here in the states who was fired from her job due to her blog - her name has turned into a bit of a verb in the blogging community (e.g. I was dooced) www.dooce.com I'm not a regular reader of her blog but I'm fascinated by her story. Not only does she make a living from her blog, her husband quit his tech job and manages her blog and business so their entire family is supported by her blog. My hubby gets all dreamy eyed when I tell him about her. LOL
Lurkers unite! :)
Post a Comment